THEY HAVE ARRIVED!!!!!!
Monday morning, March 31st, Tony & I set out for the hospital. About 10am the wonderful staff took us to the O.R.
At 10:17am Katherine Ann Zimmerman arrived in this world. She weighed 5 lbs. 13 oz. and was 17 inches long.
At 10:18am Douglas Ray Zimmerman arrived in this world. He weighed 5 lbs. 12 oz. and was 18 1/2 inches long.
Much to our surprise, Kate arrived first. Through all the sonograms, we were told that Doug (Baby A/Baby 2) was 'presenting' first. I must say I was so happy to hear the doctor say "we have a girl", but then the thought went through my head, "oh no! we didn't know if we had a boy and girl or 2 boys... now, could it be we have 2 girls?!?!" But then only 1 minute later, Doug arrived and the doctor said, "we have a boy".
Kate spent about 6 hours in the NICU. When she arrived her breathing was labored, but she quickly recovered and joined Doug in the room with Mom & Dad.
Monday night... well, about 12 midnight, the nurse called the charge nurse... the charge nurse called the doctor... and we had a room of attention. No, not for the Twins, they were in the nursery, but for me. Apparently I needed blood. I received 2 units of blood and didn't fully regain my senses until about 1pm on Tuesday.
Tony can tell a lot of funny stories about those 12 hours. I knew I was talking to people, seeing people, etc. and I knew I was talking outloud, but then as soon as I said it, I knew I was 'dreaming'. Very odd feeling being on the medicine and receiving the blood... but all seems to be well now.
We stayed in the hospital until 12 noon on Thursday. The kids first stop, on the way home was to get Mom Chick-fil-A tea!!! Of course, we stayed in the car while Tony went in for me!!!
The first night was pretty hard... I think we 4 finally went to sleep at 3am. My Mom has stayed with us the last two nights and we are beginning to 'get on a schedule'.
Tony will be off work tomorrow (Monday) and return to work on Tuesday. It is hard to believe that the Twins are almost 1 week old.
We appreciate all the calls, emails, visits and help we have received. Most of all, we appreciate the Prayers that we know have been lifted up on our behalf.
These are two miracles and We Love Them So Much.