Trey Hillman is now the coach for the Kansas City Royals. When I grew up at Park Row CofC, Trey was a baseball player at Sam Houston and then at UTA. When I went to High School, Trey was drafted into the Major League and proceeded to become a coach.
Last night, Dad and I went to the Ranger game to watch the KC Royals beat up on the Texas Rangers. The Zimm twins had planned to make this their first Ranger Game, but because the wind was high, we found it better for them to watch the game on t.v.
This morning, Kate, Doug and I went to Park Row CofC to hear Trey speak to the students at the Academy. It was so good. Trey talked about his experience in Baseball and related it to the kids. He said he always draws on God and tells his players to have Courage. You can tell that he is a strong Christian man that has an opportunity to share with a large group of people. How cool is it that the Zimm Twins can say they know a Major League Coach!!!
Ryan presented Trey with a Declaration from the Mayor of Arlington, declaring today "Trey Hillman Day" for the City of Arlington.
Tony will be working with Doug on his pitching... Trey needs to draft him!!!